accessibility ACCESSIBILITY
Fees & Insurance

        I have always tried to be reasonable with respect to the fees for treatment provided in my office. With that in mind, my fees are based on the treatment plan selected and the time it takes to provide you with the necessary dental care. You may pay for your treatment at the time of you visit with cash, a personal check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card. We also accept Care Credit for those who qualify.

        Over the years, dental benefit plans have become an integral part of health care planning for many families. Dental benefits are made available through companies, unions, and associations and vary from one plan to the next. The range of benefits depends solely on what the company or union wishes to offer its employees or members. Some plans may range from 100% to no coverage at all for a given procedure. Many plans fall within the 50-80% range. Even other plans base the amount of benefit on a chart or schedule of fees arbitrarily developed by insurance companies in which some services are covered at 100% and others require a co-payment on your part. There may be an annual deductible that must be paid by you as well. For example, if your plan says that it pays 80% of its scheduled fee, you are responsible for paying the remaining 20% to our office. We cannot waive co-payments or deductibles.

        I am happy to participate in many of the better dental insurance programs including MetLife PDP, CIGNA PPO, Aetna PPO, Guardian Dental Guard Preferred, United Healtcare, Delta Dental, Blue Cross/BlueShield among others. You may wish to call us or check your insurance plan's website to see if we are a participating provider.

        Please remember that while I am happy to participate in these programs the type of treatment you need and receive from me is based upon my professional judgment and not on whether you are covered by a dental plan. Dental insurance should be looked upon as an additional means to help you pay for your treatment, not the only means. Most dental insurance plans have annual maximums which can be exceeded during the course of treatment.

        As a courtesy to you, I will be happy to submit your dental claim for you. Please be sure to provide us with a current dental insurance identification card. If your dental plan requires a "pre-determination" or "prior authorization" we will be happy to submit a treatment plan for review by your insurance carrier. However, please remember that all financial obligations are between you and our office.

        I will help in every way to assist you in filing your claims, handling insurance inquiries, processing follow-ups, lost claims, etc. No question is too small to ask, whether it is about your treatment, benefit plan, or statement. I am here to help you not only to achieve and maintain you oral health, but comfortably deal with any financial concerns as well.